Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Third Eye Foundation - Semtex (1996)


A genre-defying masterpiece that touches equally on shoegaze/psych, drum n bass, and trip-hop. Densely-layered walls of guitars, piercing feedback, angelic voices, distorted drum loops, and samples. Apocalyptic, hypnotic, sorrowful, and all-out awe-inspiring.

Track listing:
1. Sleep
2. Still Life
3. Dreams on His Fingers
4. Next of Kin
5. Once When I Was an Indian
6. Rain

The day the wind blew out the light

You should also listen to:
Flying Saucer Attack -
Flying Saucer Attack (1993)
The Angelic Process -
Coma Waering (2003)

4 comments:

  1. I have to listen to this, Ghost is a great album.
    ¡Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost, thanks for doing this blog. Second, this album is stunning. I had a phase for the last couple of weeks where i didnt find much joy in music - which is a major problem for me, since music is like one of the most important thinks there is to my sorrow filled, hollow life. This one is just sick as fuck. Awesome. I feel like to touch my own gear again. Honestly, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt Elliot is awesome!!!! interesting to see he came from this blending of trip-hop and shoegaze to the dark folk he produces on "Drinking Songs". Thanks for posting this, you blog is my musical plug

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete