Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Industries of the Blind - Chapter 1: Had We Known Better (2011)


Melancholic, heartstrings-tugging post-rock to play loud while ruminating on regrets, dead friends, and the overwhelming sadness of our world. Crystalline guitars, shivering strings, slow builds, cathartic peaks, and dejected valleys. Everyone's too cool for this stuff 'til depression comes back around.

Track listing:
1. I Just Wanted to Make You Something Beautiful
2. Waiting and Waltzing in Airport Terminals
3. The Lights Weren't That Bright, but Our Eyes Were So Tired


More along these lines:

3 comments:

  1. I think I've heard these ingredients before but in this case it seems to resonate sympathetically with my dysthymia. You were quite right !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy but I detect a very strong 'Dirty Three' influence here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you happen not to be familiar with yet, you might want to check the early giardini di míro (from reggio emilia, italy), especially their 2001 album "the rise and fall of academic drifting" and its 2002 remix counterpart "the academic rise of falling drifters".

    ReplyDelete