Friday, May 30, 2014

Arto Lindsay - Noon Chill (1998)


Here's the album that introduced me to the singular musical vision of no-wave ex-pat Arto Lindsay. Noon Chill is the sound of laid-back, booze-soaked tropicalia being filtered through dark trip-hop and fronted by what sounds like the singer for Slint. Way more cohesive and easily enjoyed than that description might suggest. I got a kitten the other day, and I'm fighting against his lil paws to write this, so I'm done.

Track listing:
1. Noon Chill
2. Whirlwind
3. Simply Are
4. Blue Eye Shadow
5. Mulata Fuzarqueira
6. Ridiculously Deep
7. Anything
8. Gods Are Weak
9. Take My Place
10. Daily Life
11. Light Moves Away
12. Why Compare
13. Reentry

My mind is going

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new kitten. Sorry about your other cat. I've had a couple over the years who got ran over. The last one I had was getting older, and then one day he just disappeared and I never saw him again. Sucks. They live just long enough for you to get really attached to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need this: whirlwind lyrics please i cant find them anywhere. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete