Sunday, February 15, 2015

Ian McCulloch - Candleland (1989)


Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen's first solo record, Candleland is more or less perfect. To me, it's what the self-titled Echo record should have been. It has the same shimmering production and new wave-y, radio-friendly leanings, but with stronger songwriting and less obtrusive keyboards. Fans of The Cure/New Order/etc., this will scratch your itch.

Track listing:
1. The Flickering Wall
2. The White Hotel
3. Proud to Fall
4. The Cape
5. Candleland
6. Horse's Head
7. Faith and Healing
8. I Know You Well
9. In Bloom
10. Start Again

I heard the footsteps in the street
I saw the lights on the flickering wall
I moved my lips but I couldn't speak
Choked on the wonder of it all

2 comments:

  1. Is this one possible to re-up? If not too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete