Monday, June 8, 2015

Grief - Come to Grief (1994)


When I posted 16's Zoloft Smile the other day, I mentioned the two main types of sludge: hardcore-influenced, groove-packed, and mosh-friendly; and slow, crusty, and extremely depressing. This is the latter. It's Grief's second and best album, and depending on how you process these things, it will either make or ruin your day.

Track listing:
1. Earthworm
2. Hate Grows Stronger
3. World of Hurt
4. I Hate You
5. Ruined
6. Fed Up
7. Stricken
8. Come to Grief

I slither in the dirt and mud
Because that's where I belong

6 comments:

  1. You got any of 13's discography you could throw our way? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is everything they ever recorded:
      https://mega.nz/file/6TojRbLS#KIAyd73HxuGQzBEtx01sYTD4negb2Hb2U3RMXxRJT7o

      Delete
  2. Someone recommended I check out Grief and I thought to myself 'hhmm, that sounds like something I'm definitely gonna find on Opium Hum'. And boom, here I am! Thanks as always, can't believe I've never heard these guys before. Bloody excellent!

    ReplyDelete