Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Luomo - Vocalcity (2000)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
Vladislav Delay - Whistleblower (2007)

Luomo's debut is a classic of abstract, hypnotic deep house. Six songs, only one of which is under 12 minutes. I wish I was cool enough to actually dance to music like this, as people somehow do, but it takes duuumb, mainstream shit to make me awkwardly shuffle around a dance floor.

Track listing:
1. Market
2. Class
3. Synkro
4. The Right Wing
5. Tessio
6. She-Center

I want everything from you
I take everything from you

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. When I was 5 my mom bought Boys Don't Cry - I Wanna Be A Cowboy 12" and I feel deeply in love with synth-pop, plus the video also introduced me to Lemmy!!! Basic Channel just makes my head bob, when Yazoo makes my body spazz out!!! -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...reminds me of Accelerator by The Future Sound Of London with a bit early Underworld thrown in

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! I'm totally dancin' to this shit! Some more in that vein pleaze!!!

    ReplyDelete