Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Jean-Luc Ponty - Cosmic Messenger (1978)


Cosmic instrumental fusion led by electric violinist Jean-Luc Ponty. Lots of synth, chiming guitars, and the most spaced-out, noodle-y violin playing I've ever heard. Just about as awesomely nerdy as it gets.

Track listing:
1. Cosmic Messenger
2. The Art of Happiness
3. Don't Let the World Pass You By
4. I Only Feel Good with You
5. Puppets' Dance
6. Fake Paradise
7. Ethereal Mood
8. Egocentric Molecules

Mystical adventures

If you dig this, try:

Billy Cobham - Total Eclipse (1974)
Ian Carr's Nucleus - Out of the Long Dark (1978)

1 comment:

  1. Easily one of my favorite albums of all time. Always my choice when dad would let me pick a cassette out of the fake-leather cassette storage box to play in the Audi on late night drives. Or else Ponty's live album of similar vintage. Just discovered your blog, thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete