Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Antoni Maiovvi - Shadow of the Bloodstained Kiss (2009)


Synthwave before they were calling it synthwave. I know it's weird to gatekeep a genre that's so blatantly referential, but it's gotta count for something that Maiovvi was doing this shit before Stranger Things turned everyone into synth fanatics a few years ago.

Track listing:
1. Nightmoves
2. Witchcraft
3. They Return
4. Interstellar Space Exploration
5. Velocity Central
6. 6000SEX
7. Plymouth Fury
8. Future Space Love Party
9. The Chase, Part 1
10. The Chase, Part 2


If you like this, listen to:

8 comments:

  1. Hey this is unrelated to the post but do you like Weakling at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Weakling. I haven't listened to Dead as Dreams in years, and honestly I never quite connected with it in the same way that others seem to, but what I remember about it, I like. Seems like it's time I revisit it. Why do you ask?

      Delete
    2. I would be interested in revisiting it, haven't heard it in over a decade! -britt

      Delete
    3. I haven't listened to them in a long time as well... I did connect to Dead as Dreams on a pretty personal level though just because I love John Gossard I guess. Anyway I just asked because I surmised you seem to have a preference for BM and I wanted to see what you thought about one of my fav USBM bands

      Delete
    4. As for USBM in continuous operation, what do you think of Volahn?

      Delete
    5. I love Volahn, although I haven't really kept up with them. Definitely one of my favorite Black Twilight Circle bands. Saw them and a bunch of the other BTC bands right after their first album came out. Great show.

      Delete
  2. One of my coworkers likes power metal and synthwave, so maybe I will namedrop this album and make him feel like a darn fool if he's never heard of it before. I will go, "What the fuck, bro, I thought you said you liked synthwave?!" and then I'll film him crying and put it in a Synthwave Cringe compilation on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few contemporary artists will cut their contemporary dicks to play something like this. Both bangin and trippy, whoa. Thanks again from south Argentina.

    ReplyDelete