Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Zero Kama - The Secret Eye of L.A.Y.L.A.H. (1984)


Minimal tribal industrial. This album fucking scares me. Most tracks max out at around 2-3 musical elements, each of which is some kind of percussion, some kind of droning element -- often sounding like a recorder or pan flute --  or a mixture of the two, and it makes me feel like I'm about to be ritualistically murdered by someone I can't even lay eyes on. Oh, and according to the liner notes, every single instrument used on this record is made out of human bone.

Track listing:
1. Death Posture
2. Atavism Dream
3. Night of Matter
4. Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome
5. Love Alway Yieldeth
6. Azure-Lidden Woman (Pregnant Womb of Non)
7. Hassan I Sabbah
8. Starlit Mire
9. Winged Eye Hadit
10. Love Alway Hardeneth
11. Town of Pyramids (Night of Pan)


2 comments:

  1. Years ago I saw krautrock guitar legend Gunter Schickert do a gig at a tiny North London venue. He played one piece using a human thighbone and a delay unit. I asked him about the bone afterwards and whether it was his. He replied that it wasn't, but that he had permission to use it from the owner. I never quite worked out what that meant, which is probably just as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing. Remind me of on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia when someone asks a washed-up professional wrestler if he has any kids, and he goes dead-eyed and says, "Nah... not anymore."

      Delete