Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Black Heart Procession - Amore del Tropico (2002)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:

Fourth and first non-numbered album by The Black Heart Procession. Amore del Tropico is a two-fer -- a breakup album and a concept album -- and marked a turn towards a more sonically rich, diverse, uptempo (not, mind you, upbeat), and yes, accessible sound. While I wasn't sure what to make of it when it first came out, it's become my favorite BHP record. It's also been a rich source of tracks for my Halloween playlists over the years.

Track listing:
1. The End of Love
2. Tropics of Love
3. Broken World
4. Why I Stay
5. The Invitation
6. Did You Wonder
7. A Sign on the Road
8. Sympathy Crime
9. The Visitor
10. The Waiter #4
11. A Cry for Love
12. Before the People
13. Only One Way
14. Fingerprints
15. The One Who Has Disappeared


You'd also like:

2 comments:

  1. Loved this album so much when it came out. Saw them on this tour. I agree with you on it being their best and in many ways it reminded me of Nick Cave's "Murder Ballads." Shocked this album never received a serious revival.

    ReplyDelete