Monday, April 30, 2018

Mick Ronson - Slaughter on 10th Avenue (1974)


In keeping with my tradition of posting stuff a day late, here's Slaughter on 10th Avenu, the solo debut of the late, great Mick Ronson, who left us 25 years ago yesterday. It's not just one of best glam rock albums in existence -- it's a showcase for his production and arrangement skills that brings his role in the formation of Bowie's glam-era sound into sharper focus. So put this on and pour one out for Mr. Ronson, one of rock's greatest unsung heroes.

Track listing:
1. Love Me Tender
2. Growing Up and I'm Fine
3. Only After Dark
4. Music Is Lethal
5. I'm the One
6. Pleasure Man / Hey Ma Get Papa
7. Slaughter on 10th Avenue

My friend myself, boredom's hero, prince of the alleys
Stumble falling to a winsome table, in search of wine


If you like this, check out:
Jobriath -
Creatures of the Street (1974)
T-Rex -
Futuristic Dragon (1976)

No comments:

Post a Comment