Saturday, March 26, 2022

Miss Dinky - Melodìas Venenosas (2001)


Woozy, ambient synth abstractions from Chilean-born, NYC-residing producer Alejandra Iglesias, aka Dinky/Miss Dinky. Melodìas Venenosas is her first album, and it's a definite outlier in her discography, as from here she went in a generally more danceable/techno direction, which I admittedly haven’t really explored, as I just keep coming back to this record.

Track listing:
1. Spring Rolls
2. Perpetuidad
3. Cilantro
4. Sapos
5. Broken Dream
6. Bahia Azul
7. Chili Drama
8. Chinatown Rape
9. Nora
10. Clare de Sangre
11. Sto Domingo Dub
12. Neruda
13. Agualuz
14. Capoeira


Similar listening:

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Think it's a problem on your end, seems to work fine for me, and generally when a link doesn't work I'm inundated with comments about it.

      Delete
    2. I think you are right as im having issues with links I've used beforehand :0

      Delete
  2. Thank you - I never would've heard this if you hadn't posted. I'll be looking into her other work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ho there! Are you familiar with the work of Juana Molina from Argentina? I've got several of her records (she's in spotify too), let me know if you want me to send some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever heard her, but I have queued up "Segundo" to listen to when I get a chance -- is that a good starting point?

      Delete