Sunday, March 20, 2022

Morgion - Cloaked by Ages, Crowned in Earth (2004)


At the beginning of the pandemic, I set aside maybe 300 records to sell, figuring it'd be a soothing house project that could end up netting me a few thousand dollars. They've been sitting in my office for almost two years now, and tomorrow I'm finally gonna take a crate down to the ol' punk/metal record store and see what's what. So I've been sorting out some of the more desirable but not particularly valuable ones -- those I'll probably sell on Discogs -- and came across this LP.

Now, I hadn't listened to this album on any format for maybe a decade, and that alone was why it got set aside, but something compelled me to give it one last spin while I folded some laundry, and fuck that, this one stays. Epic, melodic death/doom with a slightly crusty, earthy feel, a spacious, clean-guitar-heavy atmosphere, and beautiful, meditative vocals, all put together as one continuous piece. Goddamn, what other phenomenal LPs am I about to sell?

Track listing:
1. Cloaked by Ages
2. A Slow Succumbing
3. Ebb Tide
4. Trillium Rune
5. The Mourner's Oak
6. Cairn
7. She the Master Covets
8. Crowned in Earth


If you like this, try:

3 comments:

  1. To me Among Majestic Ruin is Morgion's Apex, this is a very good one though

    ReplyDelete