Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Yume Bitsu - Yume Bitsu (1999)


Jammy space/post-rock from good ole Portland, OR. Gathering clouds of droning distortion; chiming, almost krautrock-like cleans; keyboards/samples/tape loops (I'm not really sure at times); the occasional murmur-y vocal; and the strange sense of floating in mid-air yet feeling hopelessly weighed down.

Track listing:
1. Team Yume
2. I Wait for You
3. Surface I
4. Truth
5. Surface II
6. The Frigid, Frigid Body of Dr. T.J. Eckleberg


If you like this, listen to:

8 comments:

  1. verrrrrrrry nice, thx for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Can't believe this is posted in this time and space. But you're the one to do it! Have to say tho that when I saw 'Yume Bitsu' in the posting list I was expecting/hoping to find their 'Giant Surface Music Falling To Earth Like Jewels From The Sky'. I love that record! I'll be hearing this one for the first time. And this is the best time. Big thanks for everything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now available on bandcamp ! https://badabingrecords.bandcamp.com/album/giant-surface-music-falling-to-earth-like-jewels-from-the-sky

      Delete
  3. Many thanks DEAR_SPIRIT for sharing this great album and for the heads up on this new band for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! thank you very much. you've turned me on to a lot of new music. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the name before but have never heard anything, so I'm going to start here. Many thanks!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, SubParBox1

    ReplyDelete