Friday, January 29, 2016

Haemoth - Kontamination (2005)


French black metal. It's not full-on art-y French-y, but it's plenty evil and kickass. Saw this in the bargain bin at my work and knew that I'd like it based solely on their having made it practically impossible to read the packaging -- now that's some good old-fashioned elitism. Kontamination is technically an EP, but including "bonus tracks" (that are on pretty much every edition) it's over 45 minutes long.

Track listing:
1. Soiled
2. When the Blood Turns Black
3. Kontamination (Nothing But Hatred)
4. Poisoned Wind
5. Famished
6. Stigma Diabolikum
7. Dependence
8. Aversion
9. Defects and Perversion

Sons of the black light

More French magnificence:
Nahar - The Strange Inconvenience (2013)
VI - De Praestigiis Daemonum (2008)

4 comments:

  1. great blog, can you add my blog in your list ?
    http://mortuusinsomnis-777.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I had you on there, then saw that you got deleted and couldn't find you again. Glad to see you bounced back.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! Be sure to check out Haemoth's guitar players other band Spektr too.

    And also I want to thank you for turning me into A LOT of good music. It seems that you are very much into the same type of stuff that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the album art - when I bought this, it was lying spine facing on a shelf, and the only thing I could see was the faint arc

    ReplyDelete