Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Roomrunner - Ideal Cities (2013)


Possibly because I'm headed back there on Sunday, I've been on a bit of a Baltimore trip for the past week or so. With that in mind, I give you the only full-length from the best grunge band of the decade. Ideal Cities hits hard and leaves a trail of noisy little earworms. You can play spot-the-influence -- I hear a bit of Helmet, Hot Snakes, and yes, much to the band's chagrin, Nirvana -- but really, they don't sound exactly like anyone but themselves.

Somewhat relevantly: the main dude from this band played bass in my high school screamo band, and the one time he left his CD wallet at my house after practice, it resulted in me finding out about My Bloody Valentine, Drive Like Jehu, and Unwound all at once. So you can thank him for helping to point me in the right direction, taste-wise.

Track listing:
1. Bait Car
2. Vaporize
3. Bowlth
4. Wojtek
5. Weird
6. Duno
7. May
8. Apse
9. Snac Error

Nobody gives a fuck what you go do with your life

You'd also like:
Magic Dirt -
Friends in Danger (1996)
Drunk Dad -
Ripper Killer (2014)

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I most certainly do:
      https://mega.nz/#!EDB0za6R!Ak4gzL31e4Pmg-T_O9hahjj-YHBqxmIrZqSOoXxuxbo

      Fun fact, I briefly played guitar in Denny's high school grunge band Parallax (lol) which also featured the homie Jeff from Roomrunner on guitar and vox.

      Delete
  2. i worked w jeff! at babys on fire in bmore!

    ReplyDelete