Monday, May 17, 2021

Machinedrum - Now You Know (2001)


First album by Machinedrum, one of the more influential figures in the world of glitch hop. Fragmented vocal samples, rich synths, and sharp, bass-heavy beats coalesce into some positively massive grooves.

Track listing:
1. Big Booty Hose
2. Wishbone Be Broken
3. Drums of Steel
4. Hello My Future
5. In Between
6. Thanks Very Much
7. My Visuals
8. Monique
9. Hihowareyoudoingiamfine
10. Reel Cleer
11. Fury
12. Are I
13. Liquid Thursday
14. Jewlea


You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Hmm my copy (have the cd, not vinyl) has a very different cover - on to discogs I go. -Also, do you know the (original version) track "Izy Rael"? Still my favorite Machinedrum track, it's on the excellent Merck compilation "Squadron 2" Very Boards of Canada was this early tune, & imo exceptional. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this cover was only used for the first run of CDs, the cover that you have is the one that has been used for every pressing since, I believe. I don't think I've heard that, will make sure to check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  2. This is a discovery for me, I really like it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete