Monday, April 25, 2022

Lullatone - Little Songs About Raindrops (2004)


Sweet, chiming, minimal electro-acoustic lullabies from a Japanese husband-wife duo. Woke up at 4:30 AM with my mind racing, immediately knew I wasn't getting back to sleep. Came downstairs to try to shake it off, just ended up sitting on the couch with my heart pounding, putting on a new album every 10 minutes because everything was making me more anxious. Two hours later, this record is the only one that's stuck and actually helped to bring me down a bit. It's fitting because supposedly the project started with the husband recording instrumental lullabies while the wife slept, and I'm down here listening to this because I don't want to wake my wife up. (Don't worry, I'm fine, it happens.)

Track listing:
1. My Petit Prelude
2. Yesterday
3. Wake Up Wake Up
4. Leaves Falling
5. Puddles on the Playground
6. Morning Coffee
7. Afternoon Nap (For Pets)
8. Pitter-Patter Interlude
9. Drip Drops Jumping on an Umbrella
10. A Miniature Finale


More like this:

7 comments:

  1. Ha! Going through the same thing lately. Might give this a try next time rather than trying to lay still (which is so much harder when you're trying!). Thanks and hope you get some good sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the Wim-Hof-Breathing-Method. Just google it and you will find instructions. Helps me a lot. Sounds uncomfortable at first but it is very meditativ and puts adrenaline where it actually has a usefull task: in keeping your body healthy instead of underlining anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will absolutely look into that, thank you for the recommendation. I've been meaning to research some sort of sleeping/relaxation techniques, so it's great to have a starting point.

      Delete
    2. As far as sleeping/relaxation techniques go i can recommend yoga nidra and progressive muscle relaxation. Instructions for both you can find on spotify or whereever else...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story and the music.
    I think we should sleep before we die.

    ZZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. in such situations you could also try to listen to (js bach´s) goldberg variations in the 1999 interpretation by rosalyn tureck (deutsche grammophon 289 459 599-2). quite a time stretch, lifting the music to a completely different soothing/healing dimension. otherwise put maurizio 4.5 https://youtu.be/9KjKTvsNVo8 on an endless loop. (it is proven many times that both help even babies, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dead Texan ambient music is also helpful and distracting when your brain is buzzing anxiously at 3am. Hope you can overcome it as insomnia is very very annoying :D Great blog by the way...

    ReplyDelete