Friday, June 3, 2022

White Sea - This Frontier (2010)


Just got back from one of the best vacations of my life, and I'm not ready for regular life. This includes writing for this dumb blog, which tends to revolve around darker, sadder sounds that stand in stark contrast to the fun, crowd-pleasing types of tunes I've been playing for the past week-plus. So here's the debut EP from an artist who I first heard through her contributions to M83's Saturdays = Youth. Anyone who enjoyed that album's gated drums, big synths, and 80s-throwback vibe will find plenty to love here.

Track listing:
1. Mountaineer
2. Ladykiller
3. Overdrawn
4. Cannibal Love
5. Oljato

Also listen to:

5 comments:

  1. Happy to see that you had a good time. Thanks for the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Man Hope you reloaded batteries Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you go? Hope it recharged your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A super nice, relatively quiet spot on the Yucatán. We went with a small group of friends for my wife's birthday, and practically all we could say for the first three days were variations on "I'm so happy, everything is perfect." Swam a lot, got a lot of sun, ate a ton of fresh fish, saw some spider monkeys, it was great. I do feel recharged, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Sounds great to me. Stay recharged, I hope.

    ReplyDelete