Thursday, December 8, 2022

Auburn Lull - Cast from the Platform (2004)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:

Yesterday I wrapped up the three most demanding weeks of school of my life -- multiple group projects and presentations, individual essays, massive Excel workbook problems, then finals -- and I am honestly still reeling. Usually, finishing my last final is accompanied by a massive sense of relief then a desire to party, but there's an instinctive part of me that won't stop anticipating the next assignment, lest I miss it, fuck up my grade, drop out of school, get shunned by my family and friends, and die broke and alone.

Over the next few days, I hope to convince that part of me to simmer down a bit, and get my year-end list(s) up. I've already done most of the writing, just need to piece it all together. So I'm kicking off the big come down with Auburn Lull, whose gentle, chiming, reverberating calm never fails to ground me. Hopefully tomorrow I won't wake up stressing over literally nothing at 5:30 am.

Track listing:
1. Building Fifty
2. Sinking Meridian
3. Jersey Narrows
4. Seasons of False Starts
5. Deterior
6. Direction & Destination
7. Rising Meridian
8. Seaforth
9. Trenches
10. Sovereign Messages
11. Shallow in Youth
12. [untitled]


You would also enjoy:

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the semester! I hope you get plenty of time to rest and relax before things pick up in the new year.

    Thanks for everything you do for your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing! Always hard to go from 100 mph to 0, but I hope you have time to chill & regroup. Really appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stuff. I had to buy it on bandcamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing the semester! Have a good well-deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just out of curiosity: what do you study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I never thought about it but as much as I mention school in passing on here, I've never actually mentioned what I study. Accounting. I'm good with numbers.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for introducing me to Auburn Lull and other gems you've been generous with sharing! Happy New Year - cheers from Vancouver Island

    ReplyDelete