Saturday, March 11, 2023

Laughing Clowns - Mr Uddich-Schmuddich Goes to Town (1982)


Related:

Got a request for more Laughing Clowns, and I'll take any reason to listen to this amazing band. Here's their first album. Australian experimental punk/post-punk/whatever-you-wanna-call-it with the added layer of a small but cacophonous horn section.

Track listing:
1. In Front of Your Eyes
2. Come One, Come All
3. Laughter Around the Table
4. A Knife in the Head
5. Theme From 'Mad Flies, Mad Flies'
6. A Song of Joy
7. Mr Uddich-Schmuddich Goes to Town
8. When What You See


You should also listen to:

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff, I've been looking for this one! I had the pleasure of working with Ed when him and Jim White played at my work when they were touring last month. Totally had to keep myself together and not be a total fan boy while he was telling me stories about The Saints on tour ha ha got his handwritten set list too which is now framed next to my desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great band. Terrifyingly good live, especially around the Law of Nature era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was missing from my collection.

    ReplyDelete