Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lycia - A Day in the Stark Corner (1993)


Majestic, etheral darkwave. Churning, reverb-soaked, tormented gothic dirges made up of lush, layered guitars, angelic keyboards, minimal drums, and murmured male and female vocals.

Track listing:
1. And Through the Smoke and Nails
2. Pygmalion
3. The Body Electric
4. Wide Open Spaces
5. The Morning Breaks So Cold and Gray
6. The Remnants and the Ruins
7. Goddess of the Green Fields
8. Everything Is Cold
9. Sorrow Is Her Name
10. Daphne

Crawl back home and smile again
Smile like a madman
Look in here and fear again
Afraid of these ruins

9 comments:

  1. Link is not working. Any chance for an alternative link? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I remember when a friend had this album on when i stopped by his house one day, and it blew me away. Such a great album

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, the link is dead for this intriguing post - any chance for a re-up?

    Kindly,

    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  4. D_S

    Whenever you get a moment could you re-up this album? For some stupid reason I never got around to checking out or buying anything by Lycia, even though I always meant to!

    Regards

    Tz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed, enjoy. If you get a chance, you should check out the album The Burning Circle and Then Dust, it's their masterpiece IMO: http://opiumhum.blogspot.com/2016/03/lycia-burning-circle-and-then-dust-1995.html

      Delete
  5. Thanks dude!! D/Ling both now, I'm freakin psyched :) Also....it's double happiness to receive such gifts uploaded to MEGA - for many years I wanted to use MEGA on my blog (I always did Zippy) but I thought you had to pay to use their service. If I resume my blog, which I utterly dropped and never even went back to explain myself - I still feel so guilty about it - anyhow I'd sign up w MEGA, I think it's actually free and I'm just stooopid.

    Sorry for the chatter ;)

    BTW this is Tz, I inadvertently hit publish/using gmail

    Tz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm just replied using one of my google accounts, but I suppose you moderate all comments?

    1,000 thanks

    Tz

    ReplyDelete
  7. am I the only one who always thought that was some bearded giraffe-type creature on the cover? (only to discover otherwise on closer inspection...)

    ReplyDelete