Friday, March 27, 2015

Dame Satan - Beaches and Bridges (2008)


My old band played a bunch of shows with these guys, at home and in the Bay, where they were from, and by the last time I saw them, I was convinced that they were the best band I'd ever shared a stage with. They were just so locked in and focused, and played this awesome, low-key fusion of psych rock, folk, and blues, and I was convinced that when their second record (this one) finally dropped, they'd get super-hyped and everyone would be down with Dame Satan. Instead, there was little to no fanfare, and they broke up shortly thereafter. So I guess it's on me to make sure people hear this beautiful (aside from "The Struggle", which I think is total butt) little record.

Track listing:
1. Downstream
2. Ghost Dance
3. Suffering Daughter
4. The Struggle
5. Country Thief
6. Dawn and Delta
7. Puget Sound
8. Gangster Hustler
9. Oregon Trail
10. The Golden Iranian

On the banks of a river too thick for drinking

If you like this, try:
Brightblack Morning Light - Motion to Rejoin (2008)

4 comments:

  1. this is a special album, should be shouted out.
    too bad for the group's name, probably nixed their career

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit this is fantastic. Also, I like The Struggle a lot. Kinda reminds me of Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, which is probably in my top ten favorite Zeppelin tracks, so idk what's wrong with you.

    I guess this is also a good time to thank you so much for running this blog. I've been following for a couple months and most of my listening within that period has consisted of albums from here. You've turned me on to a ton of great shit. Definitely one of the finest damn blogs I've come across. Keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you much. Adding this to the rotation immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. link expired...would love to hear this

    ReplyDelete