Monday, March 30, 2015

O.L.D. - The Musical Dimensions of Sleastak (1993) + Formula (1995)


By request, here are the final two O.L.D. albums, in which they completely abandon their grindcore roots in favor of supremely dark and bizarre industrial psychedelia. The Musical Dimensions of Sleastak is atmospheric, dense, and cacophonous, and somewhat resembles a psychedelic merging of Godflesh and Coil. Meanwhile, Formula contains comparatively very little in the way of actual "metal", consisting of a more fully electronic sound that's simultaneously disturbing and surprisingly beautiful -- check out the chiming "Under Glass".

Track listing:
-The Musical Dimensions of Sleastak-
1. A Beginning
2. Two of Me (Parts One and Two)
3. Freak Now
4. Peri Cynthion
5. Happy Tantrum / Mutene Ang (Multitrack Improvisation)
6. Creyap'nilla
7. Glitch
8. Ebb
9. Backwards Through the Greedo Compressor
-Formula-
1. Last Look
2. Break (You)
3. Devolve
4. Under Glass
5. Thug
6. Rid
7. Amoeba


All must cease...
...What a shame

If you like O.L.D., try:

Skin Chamber
Scorn

5 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! Haven't heard these two in over a decade, thanks for making my day/week/month!!! What an underrated band, Lo Flux Tube is my favorite, but all four of their albums are amazing. -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read some where that OLD - Formula was the worst selling album on earache, how true I don't know. But I love it after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H'lo h'lo. I've been in hospital for three months, and man, it's good to tool about on my computer looking for music again.

    Years ago I picked up =Lo Flux Tube= and liked it very much, yet I never explored anything else by Old. Much later I got into Atom/Phantomsmasher without realizing it was James Plotkin of Old and lots of other stuff. Thank you for the opportunity to explore further. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been lurking since '16 and I can't tell you enough how much music you've put me on. I noticed you bring up bmore a few times and was wondering if you could do a bmore dump on here sometime? Forever grateful for what you do <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great description of both albums, so our libidinous sound desires are in full blown, but only Formula is available, the other link is gone, could you make it magically reappear???

    thanxx

    Lilith

    ReplyDelete