Thursday, March 12, 2015

Forest - Forest (1996)


Related:
Walknut - Graveforests and Their Shadows (2007)

Hypnotic, raw black metal at its finest. Forest's association with Blazebirth Hall undoubtedly means that they were NS, but given the innocent album cover and the fact that they sing in a language that I don't understand, I get to pretend that they're just singing about how the woods get them in touch with their lupine spirits or whatever. (For my policy regarding racist black metal, see this post.) So if this upsets you, steer clear. If this really upsets you, please feel free to never visit my dumb, offensive blog ever again, or leave a comment telling me all about it. Just don't expect me to get into it with you, as this is an argument that I have had, online and IRL, about 4000 times.

Track listing:
1. Тенью над землёй
2. Тлен и огонь пред далью открытой
3. ...Багряный в утопании...
4. Enburnst the Christian
5. Winterhowl

In the middle of death, in the face of life

6 comments:

  1. Will you re-upload please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please reupload this? Seeing the link down enburnsts me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some musicians were NS, but there's nothing NS in bands lyrics.

    ReplyDelete