Saturday, September 8, 2018

Crebain - Night of Stormcrow (2003)


Epic, pissed-off solo US black metal. Drum machines, buzzing guitars, and heavily distorted vocals. "I like everything you post except the black metal" is the "I like everything except for country" of this blog, but y'all can't stop me.

Track listing:
1. Night of the Stormcrow
2. I Live to Kill
3. Darkness Be My Bride
4. By Our Talons Heaven Shall Fall
5. Time to Die
6. Cries of My Motherland
7. Winds of Fury

The fire burns in my brain
I have the need to kill
I want to see the blood
To cut the flesh with steel


Other bands that I discovered via their splits with Leviathan:
Blackdeath -
Saturn Sector (2001)
Sapthuran -
... In Hatred (2005)

10 comments:

  1. To be honest, I think anybody who only dislikes one single genre posted on this blog probably deserves a pretty big pat on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I’m not mad, I don’t even understand why I like some of it, I just hear that a lot

      Delete
  2. Whoever is complaining about the black metal on here needs to SHUT UP

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Country' tag only has 8 entries here :( Please, dear Dear_Spirit consider extending this section a bit. That Frisco Mabel Joy album by Mickey Newbury has become one of the really special records I found on your blog.

    ps. I also dig EVERY black metal album you post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe there are people who find Black Metal less palatable than Death Metal, particularly the brutal stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting to me that some who follow you don't like black metal, it's the fringe-based variations of the genre that you post that first caught my attention of your blog. I love the selections you offer that stretch and strain my usual "comfort-food" genres. I need some spice in my bfast burrito..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back in the days, I found this blog because of the Black Metal. I discovered a whole bunch of amazing artists (Iris DeMent for example). Right now, i don't listen to much aggressive music but guess what? I still enjoy coming here. I love reading about music and why YOU enjoy a perticular artist/album. I don't have to share that opinion. So, thanks for doing this and especially not giving a fuck what "we" (your readers) think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt Pike like riffing, I dig this one though it's been coming on a picture disc. Now I have a chance to blast it in my car! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Link is dead, could you re upload it please ? :)

    ReplyDelete