Saturday, September 29, 2018

Brulvahnatu - Menstrual Extraction Ceremony (2011)


Fucking phenomenal Canadian black/death/doom. I understand your trepidation: you're looking at that album cover, and wondering what kind of weird, amateurish perversion I'm trying to get you to download. But since I'm lazy and high and I hate music writing, you're just gonna have to trust me on this one. Free/name your price via bandcamp.

Track listing:
1. The Book of Forgotten Places
2. Hunting Season (At an End)
3. Fluids
4. The Gland
5. Menstrual Extraction Ceremony

Sick creature nightmare

You should also listen to:
Rites of Thy Degringolade -
The Caryatid (2000)
Wormlust -
The Wormlust Collective (2012)

11 comments:

  1. Personally I found your description put me off a bit, but the artwork had me wanting to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just wanted to recommend you this band because it's fucking amazing.
    Seriously. I hated Black Metal, BUT, Old Graves completely change my mind.


    also, thanks for every album you post here. Makes me feel alive, and I check the blog every day of my life.

    Sorry if my english is not perfect. Greetings from Argentina.

    https://oldgraves.bandcamp.com/album/long-shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saxophone on this album is fuckin tight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monstrous, unexpectedly good. Thanks once again --PC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steer to https://brulvahnatu.bandcamp.com/ for more name-your-price insanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shit, didn't know about this, just switched out the link, thanks!!

      Delete
    2. Their bandcamp seems to be offline. But glad I stumbled upon them at all.

      Delete
  6. This guy is where I'm from and I have this LP. When you unfold it all, the artwork actually really works, especially if you like a classic DIY Edmonton punk aesthetic

    ReplyDelete