Saturday, September 8, 2018

Altar of Perversion - From Dead Temples (Towards the Ast'ral Path) (2001)


Mind-blowing, cosmic Italian black metal. A cerebral, psychedelic masterpiece of a debut LP from a criminally slept-on band. And while I'm on them, I highly, highly recommend checking out their newest album, as (spoiler alert) it has a really good shot at the #1 spot on my year-end list. Top five, for sure, unless 2018 suddenly becomes the greatest year for black metal since 1994.

Track listing:
1. Shteitanhas
2. The Wisdom of Evil
3. Aeongrave
4. Behold the Altar of Perversion
5. Necromantia Sexualis
6. Burningcoldvoiddemon
7. From Dead Temples

The timeless spirit, who's guided us in the past
Blows cold winds from a place of no stars


You're also gonna wanna hear:
Vassafor -
Vassafor (2007)
Invehertex -
Hacia el Vórtice (2015)

4 comments:

  1. Forgive my ignorance, but can you refresh my mind on what we had in 1994 (or, in other words, what should I hear from that year)? In 2018 I know for sure that your blog is one of the finest things the internet has to offer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole lotta classics, including:
      Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
      Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
      Abigor - Verwustung / Invoke the Dark Age
      Gorgoroth - Pentagram
      Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
      Samael - Ceremony of Opposites
      Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
      Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
      Marduk - Opus Nocturne
      Plenty more

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot! I'm familiar with many of these, and will give the others a listen. For some reason I thought that Mayhem's and Burzum's ones were released earlier

      Delete