Sunday, July 24, 2022

Wormwood - Starvation (2006)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:

Someone just requested that I re-up the link for Requiescat, and it made me want to revisit Wormwood's swan-song: Starvation. Here, they went more atmospheric, leaning into an epic, gothic horror-fueled sound that harkens both to Souls at Zero-era Neurosis and early death/doom bands like Paradise Lost and Anathema, while keeping that crusty base. The last time my old band Wake Up On Fire played with them, we had partied afterwards, and I woke up surrounded by my passed-out bandmates in their percussionist/vocalist's living room, where he had set up a digital scrolling marquee making fun of our guitarist for puking. RIP this band.

Track listing:
1. Passages of Lesser Light
2. Release from Expectation
3. Finite
4. As You Bind, So Are You Bound
5. The Towering Outdoors
6. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
7. No True Altruism
8. Starvation
9. Gluttony


More from Seattle:

No comments:

Post a Comment