Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The Paradise Motel - Left Over Life to Kill (1996)


Dark, dreamy Australian indie rock. Pretty, pristine vocals over glacial noir-Americana, complete with strummed acoustics, and bending, tremolo-saturated leads. Man, I'm loving my old time indie rock and roll over here. There's both an EP and a compilation version of Left Over Life to Kill, both of which have excellent songs that aren't included on the other; bafflingly, the comp only has two songs from the EP. I hemmed and hawed for days over which one to post before ultimately landing on the EP as it's the original, but will probably post a link for the comp version in the comments because they're both essential, and someone is definitely going to request it anyway.

Track listing:
1. German Girl
2. Ashes
3. Letter to a Stranger
4. North of God
5. Jack Star
6. Thumbelina
7. Serpent Intro


If you like this, you'd also like:

6 comments:

  1. https://mega.nz/file/0XF2AT7L#PybGPHgwKX2DDtYmjxhLjHPdUC7xdYXnBKTX-VR2CZ0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Opium Hum! Just found your blog today. Outstanding! I’m more of a breakcore fan these days, but I grew up on a lot of industrial and dark ambient and martial industrial and noise, so I can always go for some of that stuff. Looks like you have all sorts of stuff I haven’t heard before, so I’ll have to dig in.

    Thanks for writing honest and succinct blurbs about the releases.

    And many thanks for using Mega. They’re the best for this sorta thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there. Good to have you. I think I've posted one breakcore record. Know very little about that style, but I like what I've heard. Hope you find some stuff you like!

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for both versions.

    ReplyDelete