Saturday, April 11, 2015

Gilberto Gil - Gilberto Gil (1968)


A colorful fusion of bossa nova (and probably some other Brazilian styles of music with which I'm not as familiar) and psychedelic rock, with orchestral arrangements courtesy of Rogério Duprat. Think Os Mutantes. In fact, really, think Os Mutantes: they're Gil's backing band. If I knew what was good for me, I'd probably listen to this every morning, and be a happier, more successful person within a few weeks.

Track listing:
1. Frevo Rasgado
2. Coragem pra Suportar
3. Domingou
4. Marginália Il
5. Pega a Voga, Cabuelo
6. Êle Falava Nisso Todo Dia
7. Procissão
8. Luzia Luluza
9. Pé da Roseira
10. Domingo no Parque
11. Barca Grande
12. A Coisa Mais Linda que Existe
13. Questão de Ordem
14. A Luta Contra a Lata ou a Falência do Café

Come on, summer

6 comments:

  1. 2 thumbs up!
    " If I knew what was good for me, I'd probably listen to this every morning..." - it works! Gil is the man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'm probably more on the side of "If I knew what was good for me..." - I love Gil though, especially when spring/summer come around. I'll post some of his stuff soon...

      Delete
  2. Perfect for summer indeed. Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of our best musicians! Thank you! - Brasil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fucking unexpected to see down here tho

    ReplyDelete