Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Earth Opera - The Great American Eagle Tragedy (1969)


Related:
Muleskinner - Muleskinner (1972)

It's getting pretty warm here in Portland, OR, so I'm in the mood for some breezy, folk- and blues-tinged psych rock. Not to take away from this band's achievements, but this record sounds pretty much exactly like the Grateful Dead (I hope that I don't have to be the one to tell you that the Dead are actually a great band that merely attracted an obnoxious fan base), so if on Aoxomoxoa isn't enough for you, you're gonna like this.

Track listing:
1. Home to You
2. Mad Lydia's Waltz
3. Alfie Finney
4. Sanctuary from the Law
5. All Winter Long
6. The American Eagle Tragedy
7. Roast Beef Love
8. It's Love
9. After You [bonus]

It's tired and I'm getting late
I try to speak but I can't relate

1 comment:

  1. the boston sound. great record doesn't sound like the dead, unless one is dreaming of the dead with free jazz horns. though the dead are a great band.
    thanks roberth

    ReplyDelete