Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Floatpoint - Beam Error (1995)


Related:
Download - Furnace (1995)

Atmospheric, psychedelic, trance-leaning tunes for late-night hypnotism. Floatpoint was a one-off collaboration between Phil Western and Romanian musician Dan Handrabur, and I really wish they'd recorded more music together because it's a pretty magical combo. Also, Western passed away back in 2019 and I had intended to post Worlds End in his honor but it looks like I never got around to it, so I'll take this opportunity to say: Rest in power, Phil. And fuck fentanyl.

Track listing:
1. LKO
2. Namlossah
3. Beam Error
4. Trypt
5. Luna
6. Landhip
7. Ilmabahujailkt
8. Phall
9. Coom
10. Maze


Also listen to:

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping me discover this- Sounds perfect for me today - just watched a few vids of Western talking about gear & music and it's just so lame that he's gone. I think you can buy all 46 releases from his bandcamp page for about $30 - I'll definitely be doing that, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P. Phil-your music will live forever.

    ReplyDelete