Friday, September 2, 2022

Arild Andersen - Sagn (1990)


Norwegian bassist/composer Arild Andersen's folk-jazz opus. Buoyed by an excellent band that includes the beautiful, dynamic vocals of Kirsten Bråten Berg and rock-leaning guitars of Frode Alnæs, Sagn succeeds where many others have failed: getting me to enjoy a fusion of jazz and Scandinavian folk.

Track listing:
1. Sagn
2. Gardsjenta
3. Eisemo
4. Toll
5. Draum
6. Laurdagskveld
7. Tjovane
8. Sorgmild
9. Svarm
10. Gamlestev
11. Reven
12. Nystev
13. Lussi
14. Rysen
15. Belare
16. Sagn


You might also like:

6 comments:

  1. Many thanks for this, I was lucky enough to see him play - in a widely differing context - in London a couple of years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for uploading...what a great record!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sagn succeeds where many others have failed: getting me to enjoy a fusion of jazz and Scandinavian folk"

    Challenge accepted! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the sagn and it opened up my eyes I am happy now. (<-----sorry for that)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a line-up!! Got my attention. Thank you sir

    ReplyDelete