Monday, September 12, 2022

The Resonars - Bright and Dark (1999)


Pitch-perfect Nuggets-style garage/psych pop worship, with a twist of Byrds worship. If my friend who hipped me to this had told me that it came out in 1969, I would have 100% believed him. They even have the severe stereo panning. Great cover of "I'll Keep It with Mine", too. This album and band are both completely new to me -- as I write this, I first heard it less than 24 hours ago -- so I can't really provide any context or information. But I very rarely rush to post something like this, so I obviously really like it.

Track listing:
1. The Golden Age
2. Bathyscope
3. Marina
4. Goodbye Melanie
5. Carrie Don't Care
6. Gina
7. Too Much Girl
8. Eden in Transition
9. I'll Keep It with Mine
10. If He's So Great
11. Under the Blazing Stars
12. Spider West


If you like this, listen to:

1 comment:

  1. Love this

    I would like to be in the room if Matt Rendon and Dom Mariani ever get together - Perth and Tucson are about as far apart as you can get on the map but this music comes from the same place I think

    ReplyDelete