Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Keith Fullerton Whitman - Playthroughs (2002)


Revelatory drone from American musician Keith Fullerton Whitman. Hearing these severely processed, guitar-sourced drones hover in and out of each other, awakening new frequencies and vibrations along the way, feels actually mentally and physically refreshing. Kinda like one of those really nice facial cleansers that leaves your skin feeling all tingly when you wash it off, but for your brain.

Track listing:
1. Track3a (2waynice)
2. Feedback Zwei
3. Fib01a
4. ACGTR SVP
5. Modena

If I didn't care

You'd also enjoy:
Stephan Mathieu -
Wurmloch Variationen (2000)
Borden, Ferraro, Godin, Halo, Lopatin -
FRKWYS 7 (2011)

8 comments:

  1. This one was a total head-fuck for me back when I first took a chance on it at the record store one of those days when nothing else jumped out at me. Changed how I listened to music, sort of. Still sounds fresh every time I listen. Hope people will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to this dude a lot lately. Once again I see you have great taste. Glad others can here this one. His Kranky releases are essential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to sound come off like a snobby know it all but I believe Keith is from the US in fact he runs/ran a music mail order company based in MA. Saw him perform his music in the NE years ago. Nice guy btw. Anyway great music and its nice to see your once again knocking down the walls of music listening tedium..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you for the correction! I'm really lazy about writing these posts but I don't want to be sharing straight-up wrong info

      Delete
  4. I respect that! Great music on your blog seriously one of the best on the internet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow a lot of blogs but this one is the best, there's no comparison.
    Your descriptions are so simple, honest and never pretentious, and the selection is like heaven for me, I've discovered beautiful music here and for that I thank so much.
    By the way, I'm guessing you've already listened to it but CXVI by Akira Rabelais is (so far) my favourite album of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I haven't heard that, will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  6. Hello, can you reup please ?

    ReplyDelete