Thursday, July 26, 2018

Sloan - Smeared (1993)


First album by Canadian power pop greats Sloan. Extremely 90s-sounding, with plenty of richly layered vocal harmonies and warm, shoegaze-y guitars.

Track listing:
1. Underwhelmed
2. Raspberry
3. I Am the Cancer
4. Median Strip
5. Take It In
6. 500 Up
7. Marcus Said
8. Sugartune
9. Left of Centre
10. Lemon Zinger
11. Two Seater
12. What's There to Decide?

Kiss me, kiss me
I can't wait 'til you kiss me


You'll also like:
The Boo Radleys -
Kaleidoscope (1990) + Boo Up! (1991)
Tripping Daisy -
Tripping Daisy (2000)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! I once saw these guys along with Evan Dando and the Lemonheads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been 18. I could have used this album. Instead I listened to Tubular Bells 2. Aw shucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good record for an 18 year old. Nothing wrong with Tubular Bells tho!

      Delete
  3. These guys are headlining a free street party in my town next month. So stoked.

    Thanks for the upload!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes yessssssssssssssss..... the album that started a life-long love for SLOAN. "One Chord To Another" is one of the few 100% flawless albums in history. You know, according to me ;)

    ReplyDelete