Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Leda - Welcome to Joyland (1978)

Related:

A really great one-off synthpop project helmed by the great Peter Baumann, under the alias Hacoon Mail. Disaffected, ethereal vocals (courtesy of an uncredited, anonymous female vocalist) drifting over energetic, minimal, precise synth arrangements. Kinda Baumann's Ann Steel Album.

Track listing:
1. Welcome to Joyland
2. Endless Race
3. White Cloud
4. Movin' On
5. City of Light
6. Space Ride
7. Caroussel
8. Future
9. Stardust


Also listen to:

5 comments:

  1. hallo, thank you for the post... Re your text: The Ann Steele Album is by Roberto Cacciapaglia, not Baumann... Or maybe I've lost my memory...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're correct, I was trying to say that "Welcome to Joyland" was very comparable (conceptually and sonically) to "The Ann Steel Album" by Roberto Cacciapaglia. Maybe my writing has gotten too lazy for its own good.

      Delete
    2. Oh,NOW I understand your writing! Sorry... :-(

      Delete
  2. Thank you; I'd never heard of this

    ReplyDelete