Friday, July 16, 2021

The Three O'Clock - Sixteen Tambourines (1983)


An early gem from the Paisley Underground, i.e. an L.A. band making 60s psych pop by way of 80s pop rock. Apparently some people get annoyed by vocalist Michael Quercio's high-pitched, reedy voice, but I love it; he pretty much just sounds like Susanna Hoffs.

Track listing:
1. Jet Fighter
2. Stupid Einstein
3. And So We Run
4. Fall to the Ground
5. A Day in Erotica
6. Tomorrow
7. In My Own Time
8. On My Own
9. When Lightning Starts
10. Seeing Is Believing


If you like this, try:

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great - thank you very much. I'm sure fans of Lets Active will enjoy this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've been wanting a better version of this album for ages. You've kicked off my weekend with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this band, but this is just exemplary music. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete