Wednesday, August 8, 2018

George Howard - Asphalt Gardens (1982)


Smooth AF debut LP from soprano saxophonist George Howard. Laid-back, smoky nocturnes and funky, uptempo grooves, with some vocals from the man himself.

Track listing:
1. Asphalt Gardens
2. Brand New (And All Made Over)
3. Rocket Love
4. Bright Eyes
5. The Preacher
6. Is This Commercial Enough for You?
7. As We Grow

I bet you won't sleep tonight
'Cause you're way too busy riding clouds of white


You'll also enjoy:
Caldera -
Time and Chance (1978)
Bernard Wright -
'Nard (1981)

2 comments:

  1. I really loved his cover album of Sly Stone. Can't wait to hear his first. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zippy is going pop-up crazy, takes 4 window closures to finally d/l the file. Not a complaint, just an observation (I used to ctl click on 'download' to bypass this whenever it happened)

    THX for this!! My copy became warped during storage so I'm especially grateful

    ReplyDelete