Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Katastrophy Wife - Amusia (2001)


Though Babes in Toyland have enjoyed a bit of a well-earned rediscovery over the past few years, I still don't hear anyone talking about Katastrophy Wife, Kat Bjelland's criminally under-appreciated post-BIT project. So here's their excellent first album, on which Bjelland continues to explore her pissed-off, emotionally raw, against-all-odds-catchy muse, with a haunting, subtly atmospheric undercurrent.

Track listing:
1. Gone Away
2. Boomerang Doll
3. Git Go
4. Rosacea
5. Pretty Car
6. Anathema
7. Knife Fight
8. Haunted
9. Window
10. Widdershins

Like a dagger through your heart

You might also like:
Alice Donut - The Untidy Suicides
of Your Degenerate Children
(1992)
Magic Dirt -
Friends in Danger (1996)

5 comments:

  1. Me, I don't like grunge at all. The only grunge albun I can listen from beginning to end without getting bored is STP's Purple... Maybe also some Screaming Trees.
    I could assamble a grunge compilation with all the grunge songs I like and I don't think it would be more than an hour of music.
    Of course, if you consider that Mudhoney or Melvins are grunge bands (I don't, but I know some people do), then it's a whole different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Forgot about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Amusia online when it first released in the UK. I did the same with All Kneel. Then just today I found All Kneel on light blue vinyl brand new 10 dollars...i love it

    ReplyDelete