Thursday, August 9, 2018

Osamu Kitajima - Benzaiten (1976)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
Osamu - Passages (1987)

Glorious psych from Japanese multi-instrumentalist Osamu Kitajima. A dynamic, expansive instrumental palette whirling up a colorful, hypnotic haze. I discovered Kitajima through his later new age work, then worked my way back to his smooth jazz stuff, then finally had my mind blown by this stuff.

Track listing:
1. Benzaiten - The God of Music and Water
2. Taiyo - The Sun
3. Tengu - A Long Nosed Goblin
4. Benzaiten - The God of Music and Water (Reprise)
5. Whoma - Immortality

Turning to stone

You'd also enjoy:
Älgarnas Trädgård - Framtiden Är Ett
Svävande Skepp, Förankrat I Forntiden
(1972)
Ghost -
Ghost (1991)

14 comments:

  1. do you have Paolo Modugno - Brise D'Automne (1988 / 2017)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to respond. Yes I do: https://www21.zippyshare.com/v/iFJPwNMR/file.html

      Delete
    2. Oh wait, were you asking about a reissue version? Cause I'm pretty sure that's the regular version

      Delete
    3. Hi, any chance for a reup of Brise D'Automne or perhaps its own post? thanks

      Delete
    4. Hi, any chance for a reup of Brise D'Automne? thanks

      Delete
    5. https://mega.nz/file/wE5FmRjQ#wlRk_GDO9b3ybVFGYIc2tCWuWukqGyK6Tu0vvq-yE_U

      Delete
  2. fantastic stuff, many thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - do you know when this was recorded? Discogs says it 1976 release, the Published date on the label is 1975 and quite a few places (including the metadata of the mp3s says it's 1974.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I don't know for sure. Don't remember where I got '74 from, might be wrong

      Delete
  4. I have a request: a Japanese artist issued an album end of seventies (?) which pre-dated Manuel Göttschings E2-E4 as techno-avant-la-lettre. Sorry for being so vague, but I thought to have found it once on your blog (?). Loved the album but my electronic music HD crashed etc. Would be great if you could help me out on this one - ta anyway for your great posts and comments - Peace, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, so I thought about it and perused the archives, and I can't figure out what you're talking about, I'm sorry. Any more info -- words in the title, album art, anything?

      Delete
  5. Belated thanks for this. Enjoying it afresh. Good one.

    ReplyDelete