Friday, August 10, 2018

Mandré - Mandré Two (1978)


Related:
Maxayn - Maxayn (1972)

Phenomenal, synth-tastic funk excellence from Andre Lewis, who's known more for his work as a Motown producer than for the two amazing albums he made under the Mandré pseudonym. The A side is all bangers, then the B side drifts into the outer reaches of the cosmos. Yet another record that I saved from possible burial in an unmarked grave (i.e. getting put in a box in a dusty warehouse) then selflessly brought home. I'm a model human being. But who the fuck would box up an LP that looks like that?? Raises serious concerns about my coworkers' taste levels.

Track listing:
1. Love Comes Rushin' In
2. I Like Your Freaky Ways
3. Fair Game
4. Code Name: MM3
5. Maxymus Lyte (Opus III)
6. Iles dans l'Espace
7. Light Years (Opus IV)
8. Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing

Just relax
Enjoy the ride


More along these lines:
T-Connection -
Totally Connected (1979)
Don Blackman -
Don Blackman (1982)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I mostly remember him for a stint as Zappa's keyboard player, myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Yeah he played backup for a bunch of rad artists

      Delete
  2. yikes....great. Is there a "mandre 1"?.....is it this good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes. It's more spaced out, kinda like a whole album of this record's B side.

      Delete
  3. Nice album, I recognized Pete Rock's sample on "Iles dans l'espace" -> joy !

    Thank you very much for sharing Dear Spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Could you please re-upload this? I have no idea how I missed the Mandre records until now.

    ReplyDelete