Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Jack DeJohnette featuring Lester Bowie - Zebra (1985)


By request, here's Zebra by drummer Jack DeJohnette and trumpeter Lester Bowie. Atmospheric, synth-y slow-burners comprising tastefully wandering solos over laid-back, sparse, at times African-sounding grooves. Not counting this one, I've posted at least 10 albums featuring Jack DeJohnette, so it's really about time that I did one of his solo records.

Track listing:
1. Ntoro I
2. Jongo
3. Aho
4. Kpledzo
5. Ntoro II


You might also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. Hello from Brazil, is there any way i can send some music to you?
    I´ve got some stuff that may be intresting to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, email is best: invisibleartery@gmail
      I get a ton of submissions and don't check that email more than once a week so please be patient.

      Delete
  2. Man, those covers... Truly inviting to a misteryous listen.
    There's no judging a record for its cover but it sure has an attraction for fools like myself.
    Thanks for all the sounds, dear Sir..

    ReplyDelete