Monday, June 15, 2015

His Name Is Alive - Livonia (1990)


Crestfallen ambient dream pop. Very, very 4AD; fans of This Mortal Coil, this is for you. Something about the distant, hazy, heavily distorted guitars, the songwriting style -- less songs than fragments of a whole -- and the overall feeling of total desolation makes me think of Les Légions Noires bands like Aäkon Këëtrëh and Moëvöt, but keep in mind, I'm very high, and this sounds nothing like that.

Track listing:
1. As We Could Ever
2. E-Nicolle
3. If July
4. Some and I
5. Fossil
6. E-Nicolle
7. Caroline's Supposed Demon
8. Fossil
9. Reincarnation
10. You and I Have Seizures
11. How Ghosts Affect Relationships
12. Darkest Dreams

Anything as real as dreams

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite records of all time. I saw them tour thing album in 1991 or 92. Amazing. Thanks! I have this on mp3, but I ripped it at 192 back10 years ago when drives were expensive. You saved me the work of digging it up and re-ripping it at 320. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to have helped. Yeah, this is the record that got me into His Name Is Alive, and it's still my favorite of theirs.

      Delete