Monday, June 15, 2015

The Great Old Ones - Al Azif (2012)


Lovecraft-themed French black metal. A dense, lush sound with some doom and post-rock undertones. I bought some weird downer the other day, and both times I've taken it, I've been drawn to this record for some reason. Let's hope that this time, I don't pass out cold, leaving my iTunes to move from The Great Old Ones to The Greatest Show on Earth, then finally to Green Day's Insomniac (I make no apologies, fuckers), which apparently was blaring when my wife got home from tending bar at four A.M.

Track listing:
1. Al Azif
2. Visions of R'lyeh
3. Jonas
4. Rue d'Auseil
5. The Truth
6. My Love for the Stars (Cthulhu Fhtagn)

I have looked upon all the universe has to hold of horror, and even the skies of spring and flowers of summer must ever afterward be poison to me.

More Lovecraft metal?
Yogth Sothoth - Abominations of the Nebullah Mortiis (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment