Saturday, June 25, 2016

Taurus - No/Thing (2014)


Experimental black metal from Portland, OR. A dense, cacophonous sound-world of dissonant guitar lines, ghostly howls, ritualistic clean vox, droning keyboard/organ, and disturbing samples. I know it kinda looks like hipster falseness, but you know me better than that: this is some compellingly dark shit.

Track listing:
1. No/Thing Longing, Human Impermanence
2. Lives Long for Own
3. Set Forth on the Path of the Infinite
4. Increase Aloneness
5. Recede

Fleshy prison

You'll also want to hear:
Bloody Panda -
Pheromone (2007)
Smohalla -
Résilience (2011)

6 comments:

  1. Excellent album. One of those where I;m not even sure what kind of music it is. And Stevie Floyd is good people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Endlichkeit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Taurus open for Agalloch a while back and they were super bad :(. I'll have to check their studio stuff out and see if there's a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of Stevie, got any Dark Castle you could upload? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't thought about that band in a while. I don't know Stevie but my wife used to work with Rob and he is absolutely the nicest dude in the world. (People love saying that about people in bands, but he really, truly is.) I have two albums and an EP:
      https://mega.nz/file/BWUzmR4J#CahfOfz6sX15X5HdyGmkPG48A-KLztHPDgMn81dUIgc

      Delete