Saturday, June 25, 2016

Taurus - No/Thing (2014)

Experimental black metal from Portland, OR. A dense, cacophonous sound-world of dissonant guitar lines, ghostly howls, ritualistic clean vox, droning keyboard/organ, and disturbing samples. I know it kinda looks like hipster falseness, but you know me better than that: this is some compellingly dark shit.

Track listing:
1. No/Thing Longing, Human Impermanence
2. Lives Long for Own
3. Set Forth on the Path of the Infinite
4. Increase Aloneness
5. Recede

Fleshy prison

You'll also want to hear:
Bloody Panda -
Pheromone (2007)
Smohalla -
Résilience (2011)


  1. Excellent album. One of those where I;m not even sure what kind of music it is. And Stevie Floyd is good people.

  2. What about Endlichkeit?

  3. I saw Taurus open for Agalloch a while back and they were super bad :(. I'll have to check their studio stuff out and see if there's a big difference.