Sunday, June 26, 2016

Joan Manuel Serrat - Mediterráneo (1971)


Spanish balladeer Joan Manuel Serrat's international breakthrough. Gently-picked acoustic guitars and Serrat's rich voice are at the center, with an ornate musical backdrop of, in addition to the standard pop/rock elements, sweeping strings, harpsichord, and ethereal backing vocals -- a small orchestra, essentially. For those well-versed in Serrat's corner of the musical world, this is probably akin to posting Blonde on Blonde or something, but I'm guessing that most of my readers, like me, are not.

Track listing:
1. Mediterráneo
2. Aquellas Pequenas Cosas
3. La Mujer Que Yo Quiero
4. Pueblo Blanco
5. Tío Alberto
6. Qué va a ser de ti
7. Lucía
8. Vagabundear
9. Barquito de Papel
10. Vencidos

PS I love you

You might also enjoy:
Richard Harris -
A Tramp Shining (1968)
Marcos Valle -
Marcos Valle (1974)

4 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm Spanish and here this is a well known all time classic, but I'm glad that you know it. Do you know Enrique Morente's "Omega"? It's a true masterpiece.

    Great blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard that but I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks to you. It's a pleasure to find here such openmindedness and a load of good music!

    ReplyDelete