Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Richard Harris - A Tramp Shining (1968)


Best known for including the original version of the impossibly maudlin "MacArthur Park", A Tramp Shining is a surprisingly, endearingly outsider-sounding collection of swooning, orchestral 60s pop. Fans of early Scott Walker will love Harris' slightly skewed take on crooning, while fans of Bryter Later will fall for the lush instrumental arrangements and starry-eyed melodrama.

Track listing:
1. Didn't We
2. Paper Chase
3. Name of My Sorrow
4. Lovers Such as I
5. In the Final Hours
6. MacArthur Park
7. Dancing Girl
8. If You Must Leave My Life

3 comments:

  1. This was unlikely to happen at any other time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya man this a bad ass album. i used to have it and i placed it gate fold open on top of my fridge for decoration when i wasn't actually listening to it. too bad i accidentally shot a hole through it when i was practicing with my pellet gun. just discovered opium hum & I'm following this blog now! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What...? It's very good! I love that idea of Interlude.

    ReplyDelete