Thursday, May 7, 2015

Wolfhetan - Entrückung (2006)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
Wolfhetan - Was Der Tag Nicht Ahnt (2012)

Truly phenomenal, German pagan black metal. When I posted Wolfhetan's second album a while back, I was geeking pretty hard because, for some reason, I had been convinced that Wolfhetan would never release a second album, and had just discovered that I was wrong. But I gotta say, Entrückung is IMO the superior record. It's less diverse, maybe -- pretty much a relentless barrage of blastbeats and tremolo picking, with vicious vocals and some tinges of neofolk/folk metal (acoustic guitars, flute, strings, clean vocals) -- but it nonetheless feels like a greater accomplishment in its seamless fusion of naturalistic beauty and deep, pure rage.

Track listing:
1. Einklang
2. Sturmwind
3. Pfad der Einsamkeit
4. Gandreid
5. Zwischenspiel
6. Entrückung

Burn it all away

3 comments: